Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New products with 11ac support
In the week before I went on a holiday I confirmed that StarOS does in fact have support for the 11ac cards, but the user interface is not complete.

Ken has ordered me some development boards for 11ac units similar to the War1B.  Without Tony I am having to face the task of developing for a new platform, and the task would be rather difficult.  However, these new units have full OpenWRT support.  I have payed with OpenWRT for the Ventana to build a network storage device, and I am comfortable with it.  The web UI is not as easy as StarOPS for some things and is way easier for others.  Flip a coin.

One thing I have found is that the Ventana build, using the very latest 18.06.x is very stable for 11n and the 11ac support is very good.  Both card varieties have been run to multiple clients and have passed more than 24 hours of simultaneous throughput testing.  Using a single antenna, ie 1x1, the 11ac is giving me well over 200 mbps, and that is kinda awesome for a drop in backhaul replacement.  As needs grow it would only require a 2x2 antenna to achieve 400+ mpbs.

So, I will be switching new development from StarOS to OpenWRT.  I like the StarOS user interface and I will be updating the drivers to the latest OpenWRT drivers, but only after I get the OpenWRT builds done.  I am expecting for Ken to have the Wa1B style units available in 30 to 45 days, so if you need 11ac they are very close now and will meet your needs.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Other board support lonnie 63 25,699 09-13-2011, 12:13 PM
Last Post: Ryan
  Rules to observe when using the Support Forums lonnie 0 11,265 03-24-2006, 03:24 AM
Last Post: lonnie