Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firmware Downloads
Where are the firmware downloads? The files.staros.com only has a few, and all the older links I can find to dropbox or wherever are not working.

I'm looking for X86-SERVER versions - we have VDS's that don't work, and we're thinking it might be due to firmware version mismatches. So, I'm looking for 4.2.3-SERVER and others. Does anyone have all the StarOS firmwares archived?
This has helped / saved me a few times

http://stratolinks.com/staros/
I have the following 4.4.5.x

https://cp.sync.com/dl/3da0dbb40#k54jk9t...r-5v9enqed
Is this the latest version btw, Ionnie? I want to do a firmware upgrade too and I'd like to go with the latest version while I'm at it.
There is a newer one but it adds nothing to the Server version, these would be fine.
So where exactly is your latest firmware located Lonnie?
Looks like all the old links are dead.
I'm looking for VENTANA.
I'm having an issue where ether 2 is not talking to ether1 when ether2 is the client and ether 1 is the wan.
(07-01-2018, 05:03 AM)go.fast Wrote: So where exactly is your latest firmware located Lonnie?
I'm looking for VENTANA.
I'm having an issue where ether 2 is not talking to ether1 when ether2 is the client and ether 1 is the wan.

http://files.star-os.com

This has the latest firmware for the Ventana
(07-01-2018, 05:03 AM)go.fast Wrote: So where exactly is your latest firmware located Lonnie?
I'm looking for VENTANA.

Not sure what you are trying to do, but let's get the terminology agreed upon.

LAN is the main interface IP, ie to your service provider.
WAN is the secondary or home LAN inside your building.  Normally it talks to the LAN for Internet access and is nat'ed, unless you have routable IP addresses.

Client usually signifies WAN and Server is usually the LAN.

The hardware has no concept of which port is LAN or WAN and in fact can both be either WAN or LAN depending on how the other networks are setup and how you have routing.

So, to figure this out, I will need to know the IP and mask you assigned to each Ethernet.  I will also need to know how you have routing, especially default route set.  Also, are you using nat?
(07-03-2018, 09:08 AM)lonnie Wrote:
I'm looking for VENTANA.
So the problem was resolved with the new firmware for this issue. There is anothe issue. The fix for the original problem is the firmware, upgraded to the latest and things started working. Net was ether1 client was eher 2 and it didn't work. There is no wireless, just ether.
The firmware it original shipped with was 4.8.0.1

Now the issue is olsr not working

So I will send you a config file and see hat you think.

Also, wan is wide area network and lan is local area network, sure you can be servicing the wan from your lan, but isn't is usually the other way around?

How do I seed you a config file?
DOH. My very BAD. Yes, of course the WAN is the connection to the Internet and the LAN is usually your home network.

In reality they are just names and should not have any significance.

You can PM me or send them to my gmail email.

I'll take a peek at OLSR. I use it here and have not noticed any issues. The F9 log would be a big help as well as the OLSR config.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Upgrading Firmware on WRAP board. Premier 22 8,533 07-03-2016, 08:22 AM
Last Post: lonnie
  What do I have on the wall here and what firmware can I use? agvg 5 2,913 06-26-2016, 11:11 PM
  Firmware Archives - Version 4.2.3 Server Edition ninedd 3 3,042 04-22-2016, 06:33 PM
Last Post: ripv
  Older hardware and firmware feedback on versions tried and results. David L. Vrablic 29 6,429 03-03-2011, 02:56 AM
Last Post: DrLove73
  MIPS board failed firmware upgrade ChrisII 11 3,976 07-09-2010, 07:34 AM
  JTag Source to load firmware on WAR ninedd 0 1,772 06-02-2008, 01:49 AM
Last Post: ninedd