Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible new line of radio cards
Just a note, the 700MHz band is still reserved for Broadcast TV until 2012 in Canada. Industry Canad has yet to decide what they are going to do with it, but the general consensus seems to be leaning towards a spectrum auction.

I may be interested in 900MHz cards if they are Valemount certified and approved and are clean in the 2.4GHz spectrum. There are some small heavily treed communities where we just can't get 2.4 into them worth a darn.
The 700 MHz solutions seem to be Atheros based so we have support for the cards now. They will simply require setting a certain frequency which will then be translated to the new band.

If there is a demand we could consider supporting a mini PCI GPS card. I will research them in Hong Kong next month.

lpatterson Wrote:I am a local government customer and I would love to see 700mhz supported along with the GPS chips on the gateworks platform. I see a lot of potential for mobile data in police cars using star OS. I am looking to test with the ubiquiti platform to see what kind of potential 700 has for us. I would much rather be using the star OS and not openwrt. Unless that card will already work with star OS. I am already using licensed 4.9 and would love to have the option to use 700. There is a public portion of 700 for use in the US. It isn't much but it is some. I think about 20mhz.
lonnie Wrote:I will research them in Hong Kong next month.

Now thats a trip that would be fun, going shopping with Lonnie for circuit boards.

Smile
lonnie Wrote:If there is a demand we could consider supporting a mini PCI GPS card.
If you are talking about GPS for mobile roaming applications, then I personally won't have a desire for that. However, if you're talking about a GPS Sync like Motorolla, then I'd be very interested. I'd love to get Frequency re-useability, if that's what you're talking about. Smile
GPS for roaming, as per the post I replied to. Nice try, though. :-))
ninedd Wrote:I'd love to get Frequency re-useability...
OK. I'll post this in the Wish List thread then. Wink http://forums.star-os.com/showthread.php...#post66770
Especially in the Land of Dim Sum. It will be much fun.

go.fast Wrote:Now thats a trip that would be fun, going shopping with Lonnie for circuit boards.

Smile
I hear Hong Kong has the highest per capita ownership of Rolls Royces. Sounds like an expensive place to get a cup of coffee or steak.
Will you have a product for 3.650 soon?
Chad Halsted
The Computer Works, Inc.
Conway, AR
(501) 329-9144
www.tcworks.net

Sarcasm helps keep you from telling people what you really think of them.
Now is the time for me to either order a bunch more XR9's (and 1.3.23b), or try something new.
Are we talking soon for this new 900mhz card, as well as starOS driver?
or...
What's the latest you heard on zcom 900mhz 0.9 hardware version?