Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
https://cp.sync.com/dl/4bd9ff300#5imn6u3...r-rfcrd8vi

I am VERY pleased to post this. This is the hardest programming I have ever done, BUT, in the end I have achieved a stable firmware. FINALLY. It has been a very tough and challenging year and I TRULY THANK all of my customers for having the patience and faith in StarOS. Now I can focus on some of the missing pieces, BUT, first I have to take a couple of days off and prepare my taxes. April 30 is the last day in Canada. Gotta be done.

Please test on an easy to access system and make sure it is stable for your situation. The firmware has been stress tested for general function and throughput in an indoor environment. Your outdoor and long term use "might" not be the same. I have NOT had any issues with upgrading and absolutely NO BRICKS have been created. I will say this is a safe release and your long term use will determine its reliability.

PLEASE post any reports, good or bad of your testing and use. Your feedback is important and helps me to make repairs.

Main Features of the 4.8.0.0.9047 Release
- FULL Licensed Frequency support.
- FULL Bridging support.
- FULL Hidden ESSID.
- COMPLETE Full Duplex.
- NO Basic SYNC support.
- FULL OLSR support.

- make sure you do NOT use u-APSD on the clients

PLEASE give this a test in a spot that has problems. I am fairly sure the AP issue is gone because I can run a very brutal stress test: A throughput test at 3,000 to 4,000 KBytes/sec and memory test while pinging. This test runs overnight, so 7+ hours and the pings did not lose a single one. I have done a FTP transfer of a 18 GB file multiple times with NO AP STALL. It sometimes slows down, but it picks right up. NOTE: I am testing with 30+ units I can see on a scan and 16 are on 2412 which is what I am testing on. 3 units are seen by the client with higher signals than the AP it is talking to.

The following versions have been added and tested

- WAR-1B
- Ventana
- Laguna
- x86-APU
- Avila (GW xscale war 4)

The following version has been added but NOT tested (I Have no test hardware in working condition)
- wp188 (Compex xscale)
x-86-ALIX ???
I am having trouble with the kernel update. If this does not come together I will leave the Alix kernel as-is but generate a new firmware using the fixed driver. It is baffling because the APU was quite easy to update.

mickeym Wrote:x-86-ALIX ???
davidv has reported an issue with OLSR. The new olsr does not support LinkQualityWinSize 10, so as a temporary work-around find it in the config file and comment it.

# LinkQualityWinSize 10

I have fixed it, but will not release a new firmware until tomorrow. I would like to get the Alix finished and released.

Apparently, no other problems have surfaced. It is still early, but it is looking promising.

davidv has also reported that the WP188 updates and runs just fine, except for the olsr issue, above.
The link is working on my PTP link using war1b on each end 16 mile link 3 foot dishes each end. 20mhz channel on 5805 is getting 57m/44m. Signals around -50 or so. Although I am unable to run on any licensed or dfs channels. Logs say channel unavailable or something like that. Also I used to view the system log to see what the tx power was using and I noticed that this version does not have the actual tx power listed like old version FYI.
Thanks for the report. I will double check the 5 GHz ##. I must have missed something. All of my testing here is on 2.4 GHz but I will setup a 5 GHz link and make sure to try it out as well.

The txPower stuff is all new to this driver, so it is in the queue for addition.

It is reassuring to see that the throughput is fairly decent. Do you remember how this compares to the previous version?

Ryan Wrote:The link is working on my PTP link using war1b on each end 16 mile link 3 foot dishes each end. 20mhz channel on 5805 is getting 57m/44m. Signals around -50 or so. Although I am unable to run on any licensed or dfs channels. Logs say channel unavailable or something like that. Also I used to view the system log to see what the tx power was using and I noticed that this version does not have the actual tx power listed like old version FYI.
The Rates in the display are still 1 Mbit on idle connections.
Now that the core driver seems to have fixed the AP stall issue, I will start to tackle some of the cosmetic issues and add some enhancements that have been planned, but lower priority than the driver stability.

I am assuming you mean the rx rate. I have not seen the tx rate go to 1 mbps.

ninedd Wrote:The Rates in the display are still 1 Mbit on idle connections.
I have uploaded build 9051. They are under the same link as the previous ones.

This release series seems to not have any issues that would limit its general use. It has been proven to 16 miles. The throughput is as good as before. In my tests it is more reliable, in fact I have NOT had any sort of issue requiring an activate or reboot.

OLSR has been fixed. Alix has been added.

Remaining issues to be fixed:

5.x GHz ## proper functioning
rx rate can show 1 mbps when unit is idle.
A) Everyone that's transferring data slows way down... so that the whole AP is getting maybe 200 KBytes total transfer speed. Each client if we test them is getting < 1 Mbit... maybe 40 or 60 KBytes or so.

B) I do an 'activate' with zero changes and everyone re-associates and immediately can get 20 or 30 Mbit to many of those same clients - everyone that was trying to transfer data before immediately starts getting their full 2 or 3 Mbit CBQ rate. The AP's total traffic is immediately 1,300 KBytes or 900 KBytes or 1,500 KBytes instead of <200 KBytes total.

I have to manually watch the AP's - to just sit and stare at them and watch for 'lower than expected' numbers... and sit and watch for hours and hours, 7 days a week, 18 hours a day, since 2015.

Again - it would have been really really handy to know what problem you are working on, how you are testing and duplicating your problem, and how we can even be sure that you understand the problems that we are seeing. However - since that is something you are not prepared to do, we are still faced with sitting and watching each AP half the night, and manually 'activating' them to get everyone working again. And it's 2 years since we've had a working StarOS product. And I still don't even know if you're even working on what I'm reporting, or if you even understand what I'm reporting.