Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Release 4.8.8848 adding Licensed Frequency support
I am pleased to add the following releases, Version 4.8.8848. for the War1B. Others will follow in the coming week.

It is available for download at https://cp.sync.com/dl/4bd9ff300#5imn6u3...r-rfcrd8vi

Please test on an easy to access system and make sure it is stable for your situation. The firmware has been stress tested for general function and throughput in an indoor environment. Your outdoor and long term use "might" not be the same. I have NOT had any issues with upgrading and absolutely NO BRICKS have been created. I will say this is a safe release and your long term use will determine its reliability.

PLEASE post any reports, good or bad of your testing and use. Your feedback is important and helps me to make repairs.

Main Features of the 4.8.8848 Release
- FULL Licensed Frequency support.
- FULL Bridging support.
- FULL Hidden ESSID support.
- NO Full Duplex.
- NO Basic SYNC support.

- make sure you do NOT use u-APSD on the clients

- This is our ALL NEW driver and I need to have the core functionality tested for reliability, mainly to see if the AP stall issue is gone. PLEASE give this a test in a spot that has problems.

The following version has been added and tested

- War1B
add bridging and i will jump on the testing wagonSmile
OK Lonnie, I have 4.8.8848 on our RDH-West AP (WAR1B @ 2.4 Ghz, 21 clients) which is one of our one's that's the most susceptible to FUBAR'ing. With 4.7-8747 it has run for a 20-30 hours a few times, and other days it's FUBAR'd 3 or 5 or several times in a day. Typically it'll run until there is heavier use and more interference and then die, so we will watch 4.8.8848 and cross our fingers and see what happens.
Awesome. Just make sure to watch it periodically. It does not have the reset logic yet. The ping watchdog should do the trick, so make sure it is going.

Thanks and let's hope for the best.
OK. So far, over 4 hours and things are still going well. Performance seems quite good, and I can ping all the clients, all the time so far.

I also wrote a batch file on my desktop to do a ''starutil 1.2.3.4 pass -tx -duration 30'' to each of the clients, and everyone seems to have decent speeds - including the older g clients which are still running 4.4.x or 4.7.x for now.

Also (nearly most importantly) if I change that batch file to do a ''start starutil 1.2.3.4...." so that it runs all 21 throughput tests to the 21 clients all at the same time, it seems to do a better job 'sharing' the airtime with all those clients fairly equally. Older versions would sometimes give Client-A 8Mbit while Client-B got 0.5 Mbit and so on. This version seems to share the airtime relatively equally - which is a very good thing.

But - we will have to wait and see... if it gets through a whole day without FUBARing, that'll be something that hasn't happened very often before. If it get's through 2 days, that'll be something that's never happened on this WAR1B AP.

So, this is encouraging.
lonnie Wrote:It does not have the reset logic yet.
If you do add in a reset logic thingy - then we'll want to make sure that's not resetting incorrectly when it's un-needed. That has been another theory here as well - that A) there was an initial reset/fubar issue and then B) the attempt to detect/reset that may have solve part of the problem and also may have contributed to some of the problem. SO - if it can be turned on/off at least (like the Ping Watchdog can) then that would be best probably.

Quote:The ping watchdog should do the trick, so make sure it is going.
Yes, we have ping watchdog's pinging a client on all our WAR1B AP's now. That's not ideal of course, since if there's a problem it simply reboots the AP without us seeing exactly what's gone on. But it's better than sitting in a FUBAR state for sure.

BUT - about 5 hours and no problems yet, so we'll use it through the night and hopefully have good results.
24 Hours running 4.8.8848 - it seemed to do fine last night.

Not to get too excited yet, there have been times when it's run a couple days without issues and then screwed up 6 times the following day too. As well - it's often best behaved after a reboot, so changing firmware and rebooting often/usually does have a temporary benefit due to the reboot. However... this is encouraging. Smile
Hi. This is a minor cosmetic thing - but with 4.8.8848 on the AP, connections with no traffic coming across them show 1 Mbit as the RX rate on the AP association list. I know that's likely because they are just getting beacons, and those beacons are 1Mbit - but I thought I'd mention it as a low priority thing to look at at some point.

Just to be clear - this is not performance affecting - they ping first time, the rates immediately snap back to whatever they truly are on the first ping, and if we leave the connection idle, they'll drop back to display 1 Mbit after exactly 30 seconds. So it is just cosmetic and can wait till after bridging or whatever is the top of the more-urgent list.
Thanks. We can only report what is being seen. I believe it would be a mistake to show the last highest rate while ignoring the current low rate that is being seen. As you say it does not affect performance.

Would it be possible for your graphing engine to simply ignore any 1 mbps rates especially if throughput is low or zero?

ninedd Wrote:Hi. This is a minor cosmetic thing - but with 4.8.8848 on the AP, connections with no traffic coming across them show 1 Mbit as the RX rate on the AP association list. I know that's likely because they are just getting beacons, and those beacons are 1Mbit - but I thought I'd mention it as a low priority thing to look at at some point.

Just to be clear - this is not performance affecting - they ping first time, the rates immediately snap back to whatever they truly are on the first ping, and if we leave the connection idle, they'll drop back to display 1 Mbit after exactly 30 seconds. So it is just cosmetic and can wait till after bridging or whatever is the top of the more-urgent list.
I am delighted, but embarrassed, to provide an update and say that BRIDGING is indeed supported.

Just make sure you have a manual Default route. I simply removed DHP Client and missed that critical little step.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  9243 release lonnie 0 2,456 05-21-2018, 09:22 AM
Last Post: lonnie
  Release of 4.8.0.0-9165 lonnie 36 9,569 12-29-2017, 10:57 PM
  Release 4.8.1.0.9201 lonnie 0 1,293 12-14-2017, 10:20 AM
  4.7.1.0.8757 release lonnie 3 2,199 01-24-2017, 05:28 AM
  New release 4.7.1.0.8747 lonnie 1 1,755 01-20-2017, 05:47 AM
Last Post: ninedd
  Christmas Even Release 4.6.1.0.8730 lonnie 29 6,080 01-02-2017, 05:05 AM
  New release of 4.6 code lonnie 7 4,354 11-09-2016, 10:52 PM
  New release of very early 4.6 code lonnie 22 8,395 11-03-2016, 09:17 AM
Last Post: Ryan
  Having a problem with the 1.4.x release series? tony 210 45,139 01-07-2011, 07:13 AM
Last Post: DrLove73
  License-keys.com and Atheros support tony 5 3,451 10-15-2005, 02:40 AM
Last Post: ninedd