Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am pleased to release Version 4.8.8813. for the War1B, Laguna, and Ventana. Others will follow in the coming week.

It is available for download at https://cp.sync.com/dl/4bd9ff300#5imn6u3...r-rfcrd8vi

Please test this on an easy to access system and make sure it is stable for your situation. The firmware has been stress tested for general function and throughput (5 hour continuous speed test) in an indoor environment. Your outdoor and long term use "might" not be the same. I have NOT had any issues with upgrading and absolutely NO BRICKS have been created. I will say this is a safe release and your long term use will determine its reliability.

PLEASE post any reports, good or bad of your testing and use. Your feedback is important and helps me to make repairs.

Main Features of the 4.8.8813 Release

- NO Licensed Frequency support.
- NO Bridging support.
- NO Hidden ESSID.
- NO Full Duplex.
- NO Basic SYNC support.

- make sure you do NOT use u-APSD on the clients

- This is an ALL NEW driver and I need to have the core functionality tested for reliability, mainly to see if the AP stall issue is gone. It will take a lot of additions (have done it several times before, so it will be done) for the licensed frequencies and other StarOS enhancements, so I need to be adding these changes to a working base. It is the only way I will know for sure if any additions make the base unstable, so PLEASE give this a test in a spot that has problems. With no licensed frequency support it will be an even better stress test since it will have to contend with more interference.

The following versions have been tested

- War1B
- Ventana
- Laguna

Please test and report good and bad results. Note: I am aware that the bottom right version is messed up. The build number displays properly and that is the most anyway.
Is the only difference between 8806 and 8813 the two additional platforms?
Yes.
I am pleased to add the following releases, Version 4.8.8832. for the X86-APU, War1A, and X86-Alix. That pretty much is it except for the Xscale Avila. It is a bit of a problem, but is work in progress.

They are available for download at https://cp.sync.com/dl/4bd9ff300#5imn6u3...r-rfcrd8vi

Please test on an easy to access system and make sure it is stable for your situation. The firmware has been stress tested for general function and throughput in an indoor environment. Your outdoor and long term use "might" not be the same. I have NOT had any issues with upgrading and absolutely NO BRICKS have been created. I will say this is a safe release and your long term use will determine its reliability.

PLEASE post any reports, good or bad of your testing and use. Your feedback is important and helps me to make repairs.

Main Features of the 4.8.8832 Release

- NO Licensed Frequency support.
- NO Bridging support.
- NO Hidden ESSID.
- NO Full Duplex.
- NO Basic SYNC support.

- make sure you do NOT use u-APSD on the clients

- This is an ALL NEW driver and I need to have the core functionality tested for reliability, mainly to see if the AP stall issue is gone. It will take a lot of additions (have done it several times before, so it will be done) for the licensed frequencies and other StarOS enhancements, so I need to be adding these changes to a working base. It is the only way I will know for sure if any additions make the base unstable, so PLEASE give this a test in a spot that has problems. With no licensed frequency support it will be an even better stress test since it will have to contend with more interference.

The following versions have been added and tested

- X86-APU
- War1A

- X86-Alix has NOT been verified. My unit went up in smoke due to 48V power supply.