Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lonnie Wrote:The hard drive is LONG gone. It was the dreaded click click and even the freezer did not help.
We have some great tools but the drive has to spin up first.
OK, I assumed the drive wasn't physically available to you anymore - and if it's been trashed, then that's that. I was just double checking because there are Data Recovery pros who do more than put it in a freezer. Smile There are some who can disassemble the platters out of the drive and can do amazing things, even on a drive that has had physical head-crash or one that won't spin at all. We have a well equipped repair shop too, with 30+ years experience, and all sorts of hardware and software tools - but at the end of the day, that's nowhere near as good as what some of the clean-room Data Recovery Pro can do in some cases. BUT - I just wanted to say that in case the drive was sitting in a drawer somewhere. If it's gone, it's gone. Smile
I've had no problems with Laguna boards that I've purchased in the last two years. As it was explained to me by Gateworks, the issue is specifically with Ath9X and some drivers and only affected early hardware releases. I have complete confidence in current product and have been depending on them for my backbone links with up-times of over a year with no isssues.

I'm running 4.1.12 and 4.2.3 with 11n so the 11n support must have been before that. I'm only running one chain though. Maybe the 4.1.12 code can be compared to a later version to reveal where the difference lies that is causing the issues.
-Andy
PTI Wireless
pti-andy Wrote:I've had no problems with Laguna boards that I've purchased in the last two years.

What is the revision of the laguna boards you recently purchased?

Also, have you tried a Ventana board?
The PCB number of my last Laguna purchase ended in a -07 with a copyright date of 2014. I have some -04 board versions with a date of 2012 that had reboot issues. Gateworks told me there are at least three hardware revisions that are good so if -07 is the latest then anything after -04 should be ok. I can't find a revision letter as you described.

I'm wanting to replace all of my older Avila WAR-2 boards with new Laguna boards but just waiting for a stable release that supports all frequencies.

I keep a consistent replacement stock of mini-PCI radios so I don't use the Ventana. Also, the Laguna has the same footprint as the Avila so it makes an easy upgrade. Just make sure to glue on a heatsink and they are bulletproof.
-Andy
PTI Wireless
pti-andy Wrote:The PCB number of my last Laguna purchase ended in a -07 with a copyright date of 2014. I have some -04 board versions with a date of 2012 that had reboot issues. Gateworks told me there are at least three hardware revisions that are good so if -07 is the latest then anything after -04 should be ok. I can't find a revision letter as you described.

Here is where you find the revision:

System Info: 1 x Cavium CNS3000 ARMv7 (Laguna GW2388-4-E) @ 600 MHz

4-E is the revision.

What does your boards say?

Also, these are all 4 port laguna boards. Are you using 4 port boards?
FYI, I am studying the 4.1.12 driver that I restored from backups. Very interesting differences.

It needs an older kernel which I do not want to do and it does not have any support for the war1b.

There will be about a week of release silence as I work at getting the changes incorporated. Please feel free to step your firmware back or keep using the latest. At this time I don't need any further feedback and will be putting all my eggs in this forthcoming update basket.
I've rolled our WAR1B's back to build 8447 for now. That seems to have less FUBAR's than 8771 has, but it's so inconsistent and bursty that it's difficult to really tell. However, since going back to 8447, we only have had 2 or 3 or 4 FUBAR's per day per WAR1B AP.
go.fast Wrote:Here is where you find the revision:

System Info: 1 x Cavium CNS3000 ARMv7 (Laguna GW2388-4-E) @ 600 MHz

4-E is the revision.

What does your boards say?

Also, these are all 4 port laguna boards. Are you using 4 port boards?

The newer Laguna boards I have that work flawlessly are version 4-H. The 4-E versions I have can reset themselves when traffic is running but not all of them do this. All of my Laguna boards are the 2388 4 port version.
-Andy
PTI Wireless
go.fast Wrote:System Info: 1 x Cavium CNS3000 ARMv7 (Laguna GW2388-4-E) @ 600 MHz
PM Sent
Thanks Andy for that info. Did you by chance get Gateworks to do anything about your older , earlier revision boards?