Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am pleased to release Version 4.7.1.0.8764.

download at https://cp.sync.com/dl/21e0104e0#8q3ccib...c-nxz5c7wa

Please test this on an easy to access system and make sure it is stable for your situation. The firmware has been tested for general function on an indoor environment. Your outdoor and long term use "might" not be the same. I have NOT had any issues with upgrading and absolutely NO BRICKS have been created. I will say this is a safe release and your long term use will determine its reliability.

PLEASE post any reports, good or bad of your testing and use. Your feedback is important and helps me to make repairs.

Main Features of the 4.7.1.0.8764 Release

- Licensed Frequency support.
- Bridging support.
- Hidden ESSID.
- Full Duplex.
- Basic SYNC support.
- added support for the War1A systems
- make sure you do NOT use u-APSD on the clients
- some tweaks to Auto Noise Immunity (ANI). Seems to not cause any issues
- further code audit for data locks

The following versions have been tested

- Gateworks Ventana
- PC Engines APU
- War1B
- Gateworks Laguna
- Gateworks Avila
- SIAM-C0113208R1 or War1A
4.7.1.0-8764 doesn't have a Site Survey that works in AP mode.
Also, in CPE mode, 4.7.1.0-8764 only has a long Site Survey - not a short survey.
Also, the self-detection of the AP Stall 'fubar' issue, and the self-reset seems to be non-functional now. So, the good news is that there seem to be far less stalls now (particularly in the client CPE mode) but the bad news is that they don't seem to be detected and reset anymore so the AP is back to just sitting there non-communicative or with 0 clients. We have a ping-watchdog set to ping one of the clients and to reboot the AP if it can't communicate with that client, but that loses the AP's log files of course, and it runs the risk that a problem with that one CPE will reset the AP when it's not in distress.

We are certainly seeing much fewer 'stalls/resets' on CPE mode, but that may well be simply because it was resetting before when it really didn't need to, so perhaps CPE's didn't really have a stall issue, perhaps they were simply false resets?
I will take a look and see what I changed with respect to the stall reset.
We have this on a WAR-1a at home - we have not had a chance to use it much but were glad to see the threshold function active again - and we can confirm the long-only form to the site survey results.
lonnie Wrote:I will take a look and see what I changed with respect to the stall reset.
OK, thanks. I'm not sure exactly when that stopped working. I mean, it never really really worked - there were lots of times with 4.4.5.6 on a WAR1B where it'd still be sitting with 0 clients and it wouldn't self reset, BUT they'd often have dozens of other resets on the counter also. I don't know how the reset-needed-detection works, but it seemed like it worked sometime and didn't work sometimes. Also, as I said, it's also quite possible it was doing resets when it didn't need to maybe.

Again, I don't want to spend a ton of time on it - it's a crude bandaid for a blood-gushing injury. I don't want to spend too much time working on a bandaid, we need a solution to the gunshot wound. Smile However, I did just want to mention that reset counters are always 0 now - not because the underlying problem is fixed, but because the reset mechanism isn't doing any internal activation/resets anymore.
I have to say that many times on previous versions 4.4.5.6 I could only see long surveys and some times I had to hit it twice. Site survey has had problems for awhile
Duly noted regarding the site survey. Thanks.
Is there an UPTIME that can be graphed yet? SNMP or otherwise to get UPTIME so we have some idea how many times the APs are crashing per day?
No.

ninedd Wrote:Is there an UPTIME that can be graphed yet? SNMP or otherwise to get UPTIME so we have some idea how many times the APs are crashing per day?