Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lucaya M1020 mounting bracket
Got our shipment of M1020's today, and we're having troubles figuring out how they were intended to be mounted. Is there any sort of diagram available that would give an idea? Our most common mounting situation for our current gear is to clamp it onto a vertically oriented pole (TV tower or a galvanized pipe gable mounted to the house, etc). At first walk-through, we're not seeing a good way to get this type of mounting out of the included mounting gear.
DLNoah Wrote:Got our shipment of M1020's today, and we're having troubles figuring out how they were intended to be mounted. Is there any sort of diagram available that would give an idea? Our most common mounting situation for our current gear is to clamp it onto a vertically oriented pole (TV tower or a galvanized pipe gable mounted to the house, etc). At first walk-through, we're not seeing a good way to get this type of mounting out of the included mounting gear.

Ill 2nd that.. I did get it mounted but I know its not right!
Hand picking business customers from DSL for 7 years Smile
I'll chime in as well in that while I think I have the bracket assembled correctly, the length of the ubolts included indicate some pretty large diameter pipe is required... I'm guessing they may have slipped through the cracks as when they won't mount to something like this:

http://www.pacwireless.com/products/UM.shtml

we have a bit of a problem for your average customer install.
Do you think it's greater than 1 1/2 or or 2 inch piping? These are pretty much the standard diameters that we go with...

--Rich
sligbot Wrote:Do you think it's greater than 1 1/2 or or 2 inch piping? These are pretty much the standard diameters that we go with...

--Rich

1 1/4 to 1 1/2 is standard for CPE installs, 2" and up would be a little hefty for us to use even on a tower AP Install

Reed
The bracket for the x4000 kind of looks like the M1020 shown in the store. But I didn't get U-bolts. I did get stainless clamps (like a hose clamp). I can imagine that going thru the metal bracket, but it doesn't fit easily. And it would work on a pipe up to maybe 2".

There is an extra section on this bracket that hinges and rotates, I guess it could be bolted to something too.

I'm guessing the hinge is supposed to be mounted down? I'm used to having the N connectors on the bottom, not the side.

Oh, if someone were to mount this on a tower with one port unused, would you weatherproof that N connector, or just leave the plastic cap on?
The hinge is down and the connectors are on the sides. Otherwise you would have some connectors on the top and although it might be OK, we would prefer not to do that.
valenti Wrote:The bracket for the x4000 kind of looks like the M1020 shown in the store. But I didn't get U-bolts. I did get stainless clamps (like a hose clamp). I can imagine that going thru the metal bracket, but it doesn't fit easily. And it would work on a pipe up to maybe 2".

There is an extra section on this bracket that hinges and rotates, I guess it could be bolted to something too.

I'm guessing the hinge is supposed to be mounted down? I'm used to having the N connectors on the bottom, not the side.

Oh, if someone were to mount this on a tower with one port unused, would you weatherproof that N connector, or just leave the plastic cap on?

The rubber cap won't hold up to the sun and elements.. either waterproof the connector or plug it up..
Ok The Mount that comes with the case was not designed to mount the case but to mount an external antenna !! AH HA!

http://compex.com.sg/home/OEM/Downloads/...DSv1.6.pdf

Reed
So what diameter does this support? I use 3/4" Galvanized pipe for all my installs. The Rootenna and Pac Wireless antenna Ubolts have no problem with this diameter.