+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

LOL. ANYTHING - VENTANA, APU OR WAR1B.
    FFS - IT'S BEEN NEARLY 3 YEARS SINCE A WORKING PRODUCT, AND WE'RE STILL DEBATING IF SOMETHING IS BROKEN OR NOT!??!?

A Metro, WP188, Alix, WAR2, WAR4, even a WAR1A-SIAM... (anything running 4.2.3) can all handle as many clients as you wish to throw at them without pausing, disconnecting, stopping to ping this client or that client for a few minutes and then resuming - slowing down to 200k for the whole AP, stalling, hanging, or self-resetting. NOTHING OTHER THAN 4.4/4.5/4.6/4.7/4.8 RUNNING ON A VENTANA, APU OR WAR1B DOES THIS, AND IT'S BEEN NEARLY 3 YEARS SINCE THERE HAS BEEN A WORKING PRODUCT.

NOBODY IS DEBATING WHETHER WE HAVE AN ISSUE or not.

I have worked on this code for many, many hours trying to find a solution. I even checked out openwrt. Guess what? I find the same behaviour in it, even the very latest stuff. I have tried the expensive Qualcomm driver (which seems rock solid on the war1b) and as you saw it goes to a 1 mbps rate within minutes at your site. It also is incapable of running OLSR, which might not affect you, but I can assure others depend on it. Also, that expensive driver will cause a Ventana or APU to reboot in a hour or less. I'm sure I could track that down but without OLSR it is a non starter.

You and others have said that a customer load of 10 or less does not seem to cause an issue. Why would you insist on running 18 to 20? It makes no sense to me. I have HT10 working and it is capable of nearly 35 mbps on half the spectrum that HT20 uses. That would allow you to double your AP count and have 10 or less clients. I realize they are not free but they certainly are not expensive, and if they did help, even a little bit, with the stall issue at your tower then it is a win.

Have you tried the latest 9201 on an APU or just the war1b? Although they have the same driver, they are in fact different internally. The APU uses PCI bus and the war1b uses AHB bus, so way different code at the low level. I've found the APU to be very stable.

Quote Originally Posted by ninedd View Post
    LOL. ANYTHING - VENTANA, APU OR WAR1B.
    FFS - IT'S BEEN NEARLY 3 YEARS SINCE A WORKING PRODUCT, AND WE'RE STILL DEBATING IF SOMETHING IS BROKEN OR NOT!??!?

A Metro, WP188, Alix, WAR2, WAR4, even a WAR1A-SIAM... (anything running 4.2.3) can all handle as many clients as you wish to throw at them without pausing, disconnecting, stopping to ping this client or that client for a few minutes and then resuming - slowing down to 200k for the whole AP, stalling, hanging, or self-resetting. NOTHING OTHER THAN 4.4/4.5/4.6/4.7/4.8 RUNNING ON A VENTANA, APU OR WAR1B DOES THIS, AND IT'S BEEN NEARLY 3 YEARS SINCE THERE HAS BEEN A WORKING PRODUCT.
    ..a computer is a stupid machine with the ability to do incredibly smart things, while computer programmers are smart people with the ability to do incredibly stupid things. They are,in short, a perfect match..

Try the latest 4.8.x.x firmware. It is becoming very stable and complete.

http://www.star-os.com/ http://www.star-os.com/store

Yes, I've tried 9201. War1B running for 3 hours, 72 card resets in 3 hours.
    No, I haven't tried it on an APU. We have only 1 remaining API and they are not suitable for AP use. They don't come with enclosures, they don't run POE, the cards are only like 18 dBm, They are only 12v

And, no - putting up multiple War1B isn't a solution. THE WHOLE REASON WE ARE STICKING THIS OUT IS TO HELP YOU FIND A CURE!!

I can solve this problem for us and our users anytime. Solving it is simple, I change hardware and the problem goes away. 100% the reason we are sticking this out is to help you solve the WAR1B issue.

Also, same behavior on 9201 as the last couple/few builds in as far as some SSH / PUTTY / STARUTIL issue.

So, I upgraded an AP and the WAR1B client. Rebooted them both and they relinked. I then did a SYNC and SAVE to HT10, but 0 WAR1B clients relinked.

They needed a power cycle after trying to SYNC, which is the same behavior I reported last build. I had to drive to some houses that weren't home when we called, and from the ethernet side, I can ping the CPE, but when I try to putty in, the session connects but just hangs before it asks me for password. After I power cycle, it's okay

But, if I putty in and then later putty in a second time, or if I try to issue a starutil command, or apparently a SYNC, then the CPE is in limbo after that.

FWIW: we have been having connection issues when connecting 2 War1b's back to back as a Client and AP repeater.
    when we interconnect using the first eth port of each unit.
    We have found that we have better luck using the second eth port to provide POE and data interconnection.
    (Using 4810-9201 FW)
    Dave
    <
    @)
    (Cooter>>
    ^^^^^^^^^^
    Vrablic

"I have no excuses, Just reasons"

Thanks David. The first Ethernet goes through a switch chip and the second one uses the Ethernet in the system on chip.

Quote Originally Posted by David L. Vrablic View Post
    FWIW: we have been having connection issues when connecting 2 War1b's back to back as a Client and AP repeater.
    when we interconnect using the first eth port of each unit.
    We have found that we have better luck using the second eth port to provide POE and data interconnection.
    (Using 4810-9201 FW)
    ..a computer is a stupid machine with the ability to do incredibly smart things, while computer programmers are smart people with the ability to do incredibly stupid things. They are,in short, a perfect match..

Try the latest 4.8.x.x firmware. It is becoming very stable and complete.

http://www.star-os.com/ http://www.star-os.com/store