+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Howdy Ninedd,
    If you have an AP card that works but is too low in power.
    Have you considered a power amp as a temp solution until nirvana gets here?
    Of course it wouldn't work if you needed the power on the CPE side also.
    I am only using 5.x with WLM NX200 radios (FW 4456) all sites in the -60 range.

Good luck,
    Dave
    <
    @)
    (Cooter>>
    ^^^^^^^^^^
    Vrablic

"I have no excuses, Just reasons"

I only use 2gig cards Compex NG-26. I have tried replacing as much 2gig as possible with 5 gig.
    I have been looking for something better myself because 2 gig is the only workable solution in some places.

Ninedd, did you try 4.4.5.6 on your H Laguna boards?

Quote Originally Posted by go.fast View Post
    Ninedd, did you try 4.4.5.6 on your H Laguna boards?
    Not yet in this latest location. We have 4.4.5.6 running on Lagunas in other locations (but older Laguna builds) and they've been resetting periodically too. And virtually everywhere where we have 4.2.3 running, it runs stable for a long time. However, that hardware is usually ALIX's or WAR1A's or XSCALE WAR4, WP188, METRO and that's pretty stable hardware. Laguna's have been good in most places, but some of them are wonky and I didn't know about the 'known issue' on the different revisions of Lagunas.

We are basically moving everything we can to single-radio boards anyway. If you look at the whole industry (other than StarOS and MikroTik) pretty much everything else is 1 radio per board, and the routing is done more in the wired router, rather than inside a 4 port board. And besides, we've found that the physical separation of the radios (not having 4 radios 2" from each other, with pigtails all laying on top of each other) is so much better and quieter. Not to mention, if each radio is discrete, then a dead radio takes down 1 link or 1 sector... and not 4 links/sectors. SO, our plan was to change out all the AP's to single port boards (WAR1B) or Dual port boards (ALIX) anyway, and to retire all the XScale and Laguna's out there. However - that plan came to a screeching halt when the WAR1B as an AP problems... so we've been dead in the water for 2 years.

In any event, no we haven't tried anything other than 4.2.3 on this new Laguana. It had previously been a WP188 up there since we set that site up, and it was running stable - BUT it was only a SinglePol G card up there and when one of the 900Mhz cards died, we decided to take this opportunity to change to a LAGUNA and to 'n' cards, since I was climbing 96' anyway. However, that change has accomplished two things
    1) Everyone's Receive signals on their side has dropped because the N cards are so low power and
    2) The Laguna is resetting a couple times per day.

They do reboot quite quickly - so it's not terribly disruptive to the web-surfers / emailers, but of course it's a killer for the gamers/streamers

So, I'll try 4.4.x or 4.7.x after the weekend probably.
    Last edited by ninedd; 03-31-2017 at 10:31 PM.

Sorry, I have been away for a while. I'm using 4.2.3 on my Rev H Laguna boards with the MicroTik R5SHPn radio cards. I only use one radio per board and have my own large heat sinks on the processor. I run a 24V 2A supply. I've never had a reboot issue except for versions after 4.2.3.

I also have some older RevE boards that have run clean for many years but I had to pick through them originally as some would reset. Later hardware revs never had a problem.
    -Andy
    PTI Wireless