+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default GeckoV4 4.4.2.2 is now available for download

The new 4.4.2.2 (build 7322) is now available.
    Please download from dropbox here

This series contains our new 802.11 stack and improved performance.

NOTE: Forward-upgrade path only. Upgrading to 4.3.3n or newer on the Ventana will require you to stay on this series (v4.3.3n+). Restoring back to an earlier release (4.2.x - 4.3.2n) will render your system's wifi inoperable until you upgrade back to a newer release. This is an operational change needed to achieve top performance from the Ventana platforms from 4.3.3n forward. Other platforms are not affected.

Please let us know of any issues you encounter, or general questions. Feedback is welcome.

*) The vlmt802dot11ext mib is now available once again for wifi statistics and monitoring.
    *) Fixed cloaking on legacy (802.11abg) cards

The mib files are available here (.1.3.6.1.3.16313)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *) Mesh (olsrd) had problems starting on boot
    *) olsrd configuration option LinkQualityWinSize is now ignored, as it is not supported in recent OLSRD releases

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *) SNMP updated to show system type and version for OID 1.3.6.1.2.1.1.1.0 to be consistent with past releases
    *) Beacon now reports all traffic in it's accounting statistics
    *) CBQ would not shape some traffic
    *) OLSR has been updated
    *) Auto distance support would sometimes cause the AP to stop passing traffic

NOTE: This is a complete SNMP replacement that now uses net-snmp 5.4.4 and does not include support for the Valemount enterprise ieee80211 mibs at this time. We did include support for the IEEE802dot11-MIB mib however, with the mib text file available for download using the above link.

Also note that you may need to reconfigure your snmp monitoring programs for use with this release.

4.4.0, 4.4.1 - Internal review releases

4.3.4n beta
    *) SNMP has been updated to support High Capacity (64-bit) counters and statistics for use with Cacti and other monitoring apps.

NOTE: This is a complete SNMP replacement that now uses net-snmp 5.4.4 and does not include support for the Valemount enterprise ieee80211 mibs at this time. We did include support for the IEEE802dot11-MIB mib however, with the mib text file available for download using the above link.

Also note that you may need to reconfigure your snmp monitoring programs for use with this release.

4.3.3n beta build 7198
    *) This is a re-release of 4.3.3n which was originally missing the X86-PC platform.

---------
    4.3.3n beta build 7196
    *) 11n improvements for stability and performance
    *) Dual-Card Wireless Full Duplex (WFD) has been implemented
    *) SSH is available via the console once again
    *) Many back-end updates and improvements

Like always, please provide feedback when possible.

4.3.2n beta
    *) Fixed a problem where pressing Ctrl-C in the command shell during a ping will return you back to the UI
    *) Legacy 11abg cards do not support DFS, so the DFS restricted channels have been removed for these cards
    *) Legacy 11abg cards now support Turbo on all regular channels
    *) Small problem with fixed rates were resolved
    *) Client will now show the actual mode (11a/g, HT20, HT40+/-) in the status display when an HT40 client connects to an AP
    *) Fixed "Auto Select" channel on legacy cards
    *) 11n 3x3 rates are now available in the configuration dialog
    *) Work towards minimizing stale sessions when connections are abnormally terminated
    *) SSH (Dropbear) has been updated, improving both security and reducing impact of port probes, and bruit-force connection attempts

4.3.1n beta
    *) Resolved a performance regression when the distance is set to anything other than "Def" (Card Default)
    *) Updated 'auto' distance feature to be more accurate and provide higher throughput

Please report how the auto distance feature works, and if it works better / worse than our previous mechanism.

4.3.0n beta
    *) Brand new, updated 802.11n stack.
    *) Radar Detection (DFS) is now available for those with a DFS feature license.
    *) Greatly improved 11n performance, and ar93xx support.
    *) Transmit power override is now supported on ar93xx cards (Deselect Regulatory Compliance, and enter a manual tx power of choice)

Other notes:
    *) DFS is not supported in 40 MHz wide channels with 11n cards. (will be supported with 11ac cards however)
    *) 11ac cards are not supported yet, but will be in a later release.

The latest release thread is closed.
    So I will post it here.

Yes, the mesh is working with 4.4.2.2
    But, I just had a laguna lose it's associations. I changed the milage from 3 to auto and hit save and activate.
    Then I ran a speed test from one of it's clients that is 4.3.x and in the middle of the speed test the clients disassociated.
    Rebooting the laguna ap brought everyone back.

I will watch this closely and report back.

Hi. Did you try (just as a test) instead of rebooting the ap, making some small change on the ap card - even a change and then change it back - and doing an 'activate' to see if that reassociates everyone?

Please let me know what you see, and if there is any messages in the logs that would hint at a reason for the disconnect.

Thanks again.

This did not fix the dis-association issue.
    I wished I remembered to check lof files before I rebooted.
    I need to get a log file server going.
    Any suggestions?

Thank you for letting me know.

Just to confirm, this is only occurring with Laguna APs, correct?

Encountered another issue with 2.4G ng10 settings. A client is not able to see the frequency 2407 on 4.4.2.2. It seems to be in the frequency scanning range.

There is no problem setting an AP to that frequency, but any 4.4.2.2 client will not associate.

I will look into this, thank you.

I have only tried this latest release on a laguna ap.
    The dis-association issue seems to only be on laguna ap's, but then most of my ap's are laguna.
    Maybe some lighter duty ap's are others.
    I think this is happening with a mix of heavy downloading and uploading at the same time.
    Hard to tell, but my guy is configuring a log file server that hopefully will catch something before this happens.

Quote Originally Posted by go.fast View Post
    I wished I remembered to check log files before I rebooted.
    Any suggestions?
    Hi. You could try making some small change to the AP card's settings (even just check some setting off and back on) and then doing an ACTIVATE to get the card to reset/restart. I'd be curious if that works for you to restart the card - that's what would work for me. It's not the real 'fix' of course, but if it does get the AP card re-going, and yet keeps the log files intact, then you may have time to look at the logs, save them, etc and help Tony figure this issue out.