+ Reply to Thread

Default READ: New Laguna GW2388 hardware builds

With recent changes to the Gateworks build process on the Laguna WAR-4 (GW2388 series), the PCI Bus will no longer detect Wireless cards using our current firmware releases.

We have released an updated 4.1.0 RC that supports this new hardware

Please download the new firmware here, which will have the latest available release:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/utny8l9bzugtq5t/6IT4okvHbc

Future firmware builds will also support the new Laguna hardware. The same firmware is also fully compatible with your existing Laguna GW2388 systems.

While it is recommended to move to 4.1.0rc, we have also provided a 1.5.17 bootrom update for those who need it. Please upload the normal Laguna-WAR4 1.5.17 firmware, and license your system. Upon reboot, it will fail to detect your Wireless cards, but that is Ok. Perform an upgrade with the following bootrom update, and your system should work as expected after it reboots.

NOTE: Only for the LAGUNA-WAR4-1.5.17agn.4788 release. Do NOT apply this update to other firmware versions.
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/utny8l9bzugtq5t/6IT4okvHbc

While it is recommended to use 4.1.0rc on new systems, A bootrom update for LAGUNA-WAR4-1.5.17agn.4788 has been provided in the post above.

Unhappy Oops

Please download the new firmware here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/i7np7ferpgpl8xg/q_ClDyBHXZ

... Nothing Here
    ... The file you are looking for has been deleted or moved.

Thank you. The release is no longer beta, and the links changed. I have updated the post.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    ..upload the normal Laguna-WAR4 1.5.17 firmware, and license your system. Upon reboot, it will fail to detect your Wireless cards, but that is Ok. Perform an upgrade with the following bootrom update, and your system should work as expected after it reboots.
    Hi Tony, We are replacing some XSCALE-WAR4s with LAGUNA-WAR4s, and some of them are currently 1.5.17 on AP & all CPE's there, so initially at least, we'll be keeping those LAGUNAs as 1.5.17 so that we're not changing too many different things all at the same time. So, I flashed a LAGUNA with 1.5.17 firmware, rebooted, flashed the new bootrom, rebooted and viola - it sees the cards and works as expected.

However, here's my concern & my question - in a week or two, we intend on upgrading those AP & their CPE's to V4. It occurred to me that if that doesn't go well for some reason, and if we want to roll back - how would we do that over the air? If I flash a 4.1.x LAGUNA AP down to 1.5.17, it'll get the non-wireless-detecting bootrom at the same time, correct?

So, would it be possible for you to spin a 1.5.17.2-LAGUNA-WAR4 complete firmware build, that has both the firmware and the bootrom intact? I do understand that this would be a 'backwards' move, and I do totally understand that 1.5.x is EOL, but that would simplify setting up new LAGUNA boards, and would also make it possible to upgrade or downgrade Laguna's in the field without accidentally rendering them unable to detect wireless cards.
    Last edited by ninedd; 01-19-2013 at 04:40 AM.

When you flash 1.5.17 to your AP, you can then go and flash the new bootrom right away before rebooting, and you should be good to go.

Default Laguna Installation

Hello :

I have two, GW2388-4 (Laguna) and two SR71-15 cards for an outdoor link, I want to test star-os firmwares for throughput and stability.
    First what do you suggest , Gecko or starV3, and second I cant find an instruction link for flashing the laguna boards, just found the avila instructions . Can you please help me.

many thanks

All Gateworks systems (Laguna, Avila, Cambria, etc) have a very easy to use USB jtag that they provide. You would download the .bin variant of the firmware (LAGUNA-WAR4 in your case), and use the Gateworks windows or Linux jtag software to upgrade your systems.

It is recommended to use the Gecko v4.1.x series with all new systems.

We normally put both .pkg (upgrade) and .bin jtag firmware on dropbox here

If you have any further questions, please let us know.