+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default will not connect

has anyone figured out the problem with not being able to connect to the siams via ethernet with 1.5.anything on them, 2 more this morning that i had to monkey with for over an hour before i could get into them.

they had 1.5.10b or something on em, and i had this trouble, i flashed them to 1.5.9 whatever and as of the time of this post 1 hour and a few minutes later i still cant get into the second siam

would also like to know if anyone else is having problems with the b, g or n 2.4 ghz last mile connetctions?

we still have not seen our ap's run like they did before the siam boards came along, when we get them mixed and matched with the mips ap's start bothering us.

we have a, b only, g only and a n only, can make em work for a bit but within a few days the calls start coming

backhauls are awesome, and there is NO 2.4 on towers in most of our area
    Kevin Gerrard

"Anyman who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the
    government take care of him--- better take a closer look at the
    American Indian."

What versions are you using on those SIAM's?
    Ljubomir Ljubojevic - Love is in the Air
    Google is the Mother, Google is the Father, and traceroute is your trusty Spiderman...
    StarOS and CentOS/RHEL/Linux consultant
    Powerful Starv3 manipulation tool - StarV3 Multipractik for Linux

one of them was 1.5.1 or 1.5.5, that area from the factory, tinkered and got into it, flashed to .9 newest and never got back into it again. possible flash problem, dont know, i always use same poe, power supply so forth setting up all clients, will check them i did mess up to x4000's one time by using the same cabling all the time this way to find out the power supply was weak and caused the problem.

on the version of siams, i will have to see where they are at on the ap's giving me greif, several spots with massive changes trying to understand it, lots of rate flappage for sure, will put a peak on it and reply back in a bit

the best combo was 1.4.22r on the mips and .7 (newest at the time) on siams but it dont work that way anymore, lonnie logged into one of the n mode with the compex in it and it was superb for a week or two (at least thats how long it took for the calls to come in) but shady anymore

what i call shady is when i have to play with settings alot to keep it running

Kevin
    Kevin Gerrard

American Indian."

Sorry but I cannot understand very much of what you have done. This is a very technical business and when you say "or something" it simply conveys NO information whatsoever. Now you might have felt better by making this roasting post, but trust me, it does absolutely nothing in resolving your problem.

You have not indicated what version, but the standard answer would be to upgrade and then see. Do not mix and match versions or you risk reporting older problems that have already been fixed. The ONLY version you should be using right now is the latest. It has everything working and SYNC works great so you can play with AP setting and have all connected clients follow suit. Channels are working great and we have cloaking working well between abg and n cards.

The standard offer is always out there --> give me a login and I'll see what Tony or I can do. If it is a problem on your part, we can usually correct it and let you know what was wrong. If it is a firmware problem then we can troubleshoot and get it fixed.

But simply saying nothing works is not proper. We know this stuff works. It might not be perfect but it does connect to Ethernet and radios are great. You also have to let us now the hardware platform. I want to know about your power adapter also.

So, you can roast and feel better, short term, or work with us and resolve it. Your decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Gerrard View Post
    has anyone figured out the problem with not being able to connect to the siams via ethernet with 1.5.anything on them, 2 more this morning that i had to monkey with for over an hour before i could get into them.

they had 1.5.10b or something on em, and i had this trouble, i flashed them to 1.5.9 whatever and as of the time of this post 1 hour and a few minutes later i still cant get into the second siam

would also like to know if anyone else is having problems with the b, g or n 2.4 ghz last mile connetctions?

we still have not seen our ap's run like they did before the siam boards came along, when we get them mixed and matched with the mips ap's start bothering us.

we have a, b only, g only and a n only, can make em work for a bit but within a few days the calls start coming

backhauls are awesome, and there is NO 2.4 on towers in most of our area
    ..a computer is a stupid machine with the ability to do incredibly smart things, while computer programmers are smart people with the ability to do incredibly stupid things. They are,in short, a perfect match..

Try the latest 4.4.5.7-7842 release. It fixes the 11N card reset issue.
    http://www.star-os.com/ http://www.star-os.com/store

I have said everyone should be on this latest version. starv3-1.5.16.9-4456 Why is this ignored? There are no show stoppers and we feel everything is working as it should be. Mix and with Alien gear but if you have our hardware then do yourself a favour and move to the latest firmware. Do you think we simply make new releases for the fun of it? Or perhaps the latest release has FIXED some things?

If there were any issues I would be advising to hold off, but this new release is nearly perfect and for sure is better that whatever you are running for older firmware.

How do I get the point across to upgrade and not insult anyone? That is the problem right now.
    ..a computer is a stupid machine with the ability to do incredibly smart things, while computer programmers are smart people with the ability to do incredibly stupid things. They are,in short, a perfect match..

Get everything to the latest starv3-1.5.16.9-4456 and then we can start to troubleshoot for you. The older releases had issues that were fixed by the latest, so don't be trying to make them work, when all you have to do is move to starv3-1.5.16.9-4456 and then we can help troubleshoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Gerrard View Post
    one of them was 1.5.1 or 1.5.5, that area from the factory, tinkered and got into it, flashed to .9 newest and never got back into it again. possible flash problem, dont know, i always use same poe, power supply so forth setting up all clients, will check them i did mess up to x4000's one time by using the same cabling all the time this way to find out the power supply was weak and caused the problem.

on the version of siams, i will have to see where they are at on the ap's giving me greif, several spots with massive changes trying to understand it, lots of rate flappage for sure, will put a peak on it and reply back in a bit

the best combo was 1.4.22r on the mips and .7 (newest at the time) on siams but it dont work that way anymore, lonnie logged into one of the n mode with the compex in it and it was superb for a week or two (at least thats how long it took for the calls to come in) but shady anymore

what i call shady is when i have to play with settings alot to keep it running

Kevin

I would agree with Lonnie on upgrading, and on having the AP and all CPE's being the same version. That's why I wrote StarMAN, since it'll search and tell you the version in use on and AP and it's CPE, you can make sure that there are no 'stragglers' that have an older version. We have found the secrets to the best success are.

1) EVERYTHING to the latest version - 1.5.16.9
    2) CBQ on Ethernet of all CPE's - to keep the torrent / virus / SMTP traffic off the air.

We find that upgrading from even .7 to .9 gives a subtle, but positive, performance and reliability boost. Obviously even .9 can have problems, and there are still lots of 'cosmetic' things that would make our day much nicer. However, as we've moved our whole network to .9, things have gotten better than they've been since SIAM's came along.

PS. There used to be a known Ethernet connectivity issue up till version... I think .4 maybe... but that was squashed and we haven't seen it in many months now.
    Last edited by ninedd; 06-08-2011 at 10:20 PM.

this was not a roast, this was not a complaint, but whenever i speak in here it gets taken that way quite often. Not a problem i will figure it out.

sorry for the bother, and yes ninedd great program.

Kevin
    Kevin Gerrard

American Indian."

Kevin, I do not understand you. Why are you taking positive advice in such a way.

Versions got better and better, and other then VDS (design) issues with maintaining connectivity, there is no negative sides to upgrading. We are all willing to help you solve your problem, but staying on old versions with known (and fixed) problems will just make you waste a ton of time and nerves without good reason.
    Ljubomir Ljubojevic - Love is in the Air
    Google is the Mother, Google is the Father, and traceroute is your trusty Spiderman...
    StarOS and CentOS/RHEL/Linux consultant
    Powerful Starv3 manipulation tool - StarV3 Multipractik for Linux

i am not complaing or being negative, this is where a forum fails sometimes, i will update what i have to update and see (been done before). my lingo, terminology or whatever you want to call it is not the same language that the core group in here use, i will have to get better at that, all of our towers do have a couple of bridges for the ips, we are changing that now but it is a slow process since we just made all customers change ip's for the fiber upgrade we had.

again this was not meant as a bitch, just having confusion problems with things that are happening,

There is several in here that have been MAJOR help to me, would not cut my own hand off, not a dummy.
    Kevin Gerrard

American Indian."