+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Compatable

Default Compatable

We inherited a Bullet M2 HP and upgraded it to ver. 5.2.1 - we cannot get it to work with a Star AP running 2x or 4x cloaking with versions 1.4.x or 1.5.x and the Bullet set to 10mhz or 5mhz - are we missing something? does anyone use these? - this will link up with a 1x / 20mhz set-up.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mickeym View Post
    We inherited a Bullet M2 HP and upgraded it to ver. 5.2.1 - we cannot get it to work with a Star AP running 2x or 4x cloaking with versions 1.4.x or 1.5.x and the Bullet set to 10mhz or 5mhz - are we missing something? does anyone use these? - this will link up with a 1x / 20mhz set-up.

Thanks.
    1.4.22 will work fine 10mhz (2x) but the 1.5 series for some reason take forever sometimes and then sometimes not even connect even though you can see it in a survey.. I had quite a few bullets connected to star-os Ap's before I changed then out.

Reed
    Hand picking business customers from DSL for 7 years

I need to enquire, to be certain, that you used the latest 1.5.14.1

Quote Originally Posted by mickeym View Post

Thanks.
    ..a computer is a stupid machine with the ability to do incredibly smart things, while computer programmers are smart people with the ability to do incredibly stupid things. They are,in short, a perfect match..

Try the latest 4.4.5.7-7842 release. It fixes the 11N card reset issue.
    http://www.star-os.com/ http://www.star-os.com/store

YES, BM2's don't like starOS cloaking (or starOS doesn't like BM2 cloaking.)
    I've researched/troubleshot it quite a bit. It's not related to country code/channel/hide SSID or anything else.

Ultimate solution is to not use BM2... or use then on only 20mhz channels.
    When we did have a cloaked sector with BM2 clients, they would take 10-15 minutes to associate if they ever did at all.

It seemed to help by pinging the BM2 ip from the AP end. Also seemed to help by enabling the custom scan list in the BM2, and the mac address of the AP. It never sped up the association time though... still 10-15 minutes.
    Bob C

Well this is not completely true.

I use, without problems, NSM2/NBM2 with Star-OS Aps running 1.4.22r with X2 cloaking. I also have 1 Star-OS AP running 1.5.14.1 with X2 cloaking with a NSM2 client working just fine.

I know I could not get any of the 1.5.X versions working until 1.5.14.1

Again, we are working with only a Bullet M2 HP, ver. 5.2.1

The Star AP's we have tried this with are 1.4.22, 1.5.12, and 1.5.14.1

The 1.4.22 is a production set up with customers and can't be screwed with too much.

The 1.5.12 + 1.5.14.1 are bench bound, can be and have been messed with a lot.

The M2 will link to the Star @ 1.5.12 + 1.5.14.1 ONLY using 1x on the AP and 20mhz on the Bullet - no link with 2x / 10mhz or 4x / 5mhz.

For us this is not a great big deal but it seems strange to get the mixed reports of this stuff working and not working.

You should compare radio configs and see where is a difference.
    Ljubomir Ljubojevic - Love is in the Air
    Google is the Mother, Google is the Father, and traceroute is your trusty Spiderman...
    StarOS and CentOS/RHEL/Linux consultant
    Powerful Starv3 manipulation tool - StarV3 Multipractik for Linux

For Ubnt m series sta to connect to a Star AP, we haved to disable aggregation under the advanced tab on AirOS.

It sounds like the Bullet M2 (the single-chain non-MIMO device) doesn't always work too well but I know from bench testing that the NSM2 and NBM2 (the MIMO devices) work fine with StarOS 1.4.22r and 1.5.14.1 in any combination of AP/client role. WPA2-AES PSK even works.
    StarOS Community Wiki: http://staros.tog.net/

Quote Originally Posted by mike View Post
    For Ubnt m series sta to connect to a Star AP, we haved to disable aggregation under the advanced tab on AirOS.
    We read that from a different post so that has been disabled from the get-go - still no link with 2x / 10mhz and 4x 5mhz - thanks