+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Compatable

Unhappy I'm so sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by pachitoone View Post
    For those that check this thread, I had a nightmare week. My friend Javier had an accident when we were installing a tower. He felt from a 12 meters tower and died.
    Please accept my sincere condolences.

Everyone please think on the following observation. It is based not on any knowledge of Javier's accident, but this provides me with an occasion to share some concerns. When I do something every day, I tend to get casual and confident and just slightly careless. I can climb around on ladders and roofs easily without any mishap 99.99% of the time. I need to be careful enough and deliberate enough that something bad doesn't happen on the remaining 0.01% of the time. I make an active effort to always be conscious of moving in a deliberately safe fashion. I take the same approach when climbing mountains for recreation, because one little mistake is too many. I know a really good roofer who's on roofs every day. He has fallen twice in some 30 years, with serious injuries. Both times were due to a lapse in attentiveness. Safety needs to be a well-polished habit if you are going to go out at risk day after day.

I am pleased with the results after you have the UB gear setup.

I am VERY saddened by your friend's death. Such a shame to lose a friend that way. I'm a firm believer that death should come from old age, but sometimes it does not wait. I hope you are OK.
    ..a computer is a stupid machine with the ability to do incredibly smart things, while computer programmers are smart people with the ability to do incredibly stupid things. They are,in short, a perfect match..

Try the latest 4.4.5.7-7842 release. It fixes the 11N card reset issue.
    http://www.star-os.com/ http://www.star-os.com/store

I climbed a tower like that today with a 30 knot wind to realign a dish. I am so sorry about your friend and your posting will remind me to be forever careful and vigilant regarding safety procedures.
    Again I am truly sorry for your loss.
    Dave
    <
    @)
    (Cooter>>
    ^^^^^^^^^^
    Vrablic

"I have no excuses, Just reasons"

Glad you figured out the UBNT compat issue, sounds like auto ack timeout was a big one. I've never trusted it from day one and have never let it stay on automatic.

I am sorry to hear about your friend, that is a terrible tragedy. Shakes me up a bit too.
    StarOS Community Wiki: http://staros.tog.net/

Thank you all. I will miss my beloved friend.
    301011_257343040970221_100000835813886_647388_160716296_n.jpg

First, my condolences for your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by pachitoone View Post
    Well, I probably found what causes that the NSM2 connection problem. First, Star-OS must have Short preamble enabled and SuperA/G enabled for any version.
    Second, the NSM2(or LoCo) must have a country selected(Never compliance test) and the most important setting: Ack timeout xxx(assigned by distance), AUTO-ADJUST DISABLED. Yes, this is what I found after testing various settings with different versions of Star-OS as AP and NSM2 as client(cloacking 1x, 2x, 4x). After these little changes the "U" brand clients connects immediately. I hope this helps.
    I have the same problem with n radio on HT10. Short preable and Super A/G options don't exist in the n driver. Set ubnt device at ca country code and use a fixed ack timout. Config for StarAP :
    test.jpg
    Try with both aggregation on and both off. Also tryed with WMM & Power save on (also with aggregation on or off).
    Tryed without security with wep and with wpa.
    With WPA, I add a error on ubnt cpe log :
    wireless: ath0 Receuved assoc response from 00:0c:42:66:8d:5f. Status: The mobile station does not suppoort all of the data rates required by t
    Unfortinatly, the message seem too long so it cut like this. Also try via CLI and had the message cut at the same place.

Ubnt as AP and StarOS as CPE work fine.

The clients are required to have support for all the AP rates, or it becomes a BIG mess when some stations cannot hear the AP. It is a very basic requirement that every connected client always be able to hear and understand the AP. Our client seems to be able to do the job.
    ..a computer is a stupid machine with the ability to do incredibly smart things, while computer programmers are smart people with the ability to do incredibly stupid things. They are,in short, a perfect match..

Try the latest 4.4.5.7-7842 release. It fixes the 11N card reset issue.
    http://www.star-os.com/ http://www.star-os.com/store

This is an error the StarOS AP sent back when the Ubnt station tried to associate.

The message should be:
    "The mobile station does not support all of the data rates required by the BSS"

This basically means the Ubnt station does not satisfy the minimum required rate set needed to communicate with our AP. We were the pioneers of the half and quarter bandwidth modes, and have maintained a steady requirement for inter-brand compatibility, however some vendors have decided to implement their own unique methods to handle rates, and other aspects of the connection which are not fully compatible with our systems. Our clients are designed to be a little more flexible, and will typically work on most 3rd party implementations, to some degree.