+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Compatable

Quote Originally Posted by c.davis View Post
    and AirMax Priority set to none.
    Airmax priority is ignore if airmax is disable and since Airmax is a proprietary polling protocol, it can't be use with StarOS device so change this setting should change nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by mike View Post
    Airmax priority is ignore if airmax is disable and since Airmax is a proprietary polling protocol, it can't be use with StarOS device so change this setting should change nothing.
    I had read on the ubnt forums that if that feature was on it likely would not connect to anything other than another AirOS device, maybe that was only for AP mode though. Either way it doesn't hurt to have it disabled in this scenario.

Thanks.
    Why don't we just take the safety labels off everything and see what happens?

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove73 View Post
    Both on 5GHz and 2.4GHz?
    Yes, no difference. 11a and 11g mode work great for me on 20MHz and 10MHz wide channels. The only problem I have from time to time is in 11g mode, some clients (maybe 1 in 20) with tough paths and high error rates may periodically train down to 1 and 2 and really screw up the AP's performance.

Quote Originally Posted by c.davis
    Tog, what kind of radios are you using in the StarOS AP's? I've tried with Compex WLM54G, WLM54AGP23 and a Wistron CM9, if you're running Ubnt radios in those AP's then that may explain a bit... could possibly lead to a changeable MAC feature request as well
    I am using some CM9s and mostly WLM54AGP23's for these normal good results I've been seeing talking to UBNT M series devices in either role (AP or station).
    StarOS Community Wiki: http://staros.tog.net/

Quote Originally Posted by gunther_01 View Post
    We ran into the same thing today at an install. A Star AP using (I know it's old, and needs changed) 1.5.16.2.11 with a NanoBridge2 trying to connect. It would connect at random with signals in the upper 70's. It's a 2x AP, Hpol omni, with super on and short preamble using I believe a compex AGP23, in g only and a cap of 48 on the AP data rate. I tried a few different UBNT version to no avail. 5.2.1, 5.3.1 and 5.3.2. I didn't have the ability to try different firmware on the AP since I couldn't connect to it regularly.. It did connect once and I passed normal speed tests through it. But I was weary of the slow association. I do have some other UBNT "M" series gear attached to this site, and they always take forever to re-associate if I mess with the AP and reboot it. (Hense why I leave it alone LOL)
    Are you hiding SSID on the AP? I think we avoid doing this when there's any UBNT device that's going to associate to the StarOS AP.

Quote Originally Posted by tog View Post
    I am using some CM9s and mostly WLM54AGP23's for these normal good results I've been seeing talking to UBNT M series devices in either role (AP or station).
    It's strange that, equipment and firmware wise, we're doing pretty much the same thing but are getting such different results. There must be some obscure thing like having InterBSS Relay on, having Short Preamble off or ??

If you wouldn't mind, could you post a comprehensive config for a wpci of a StarOS unit that the NSM2's connects to or even a screen cap.

Thanks!
    Why don't we just take the safety labels off everything and see what happens?

Quote Originally Posted by c.davis View Post
    It's strange that, equipment and firmware wise, we're doing pretty much the same thing but are getting such different results. There must be some obscure thing like having InterBSS Relay on, having Short Preamble off or ??

If you wouldn't mind, could you post a comprehensive config for a wpci of a StarOS unit that the NSM2's connects to or even a screen cap.

Thanks!
    Tog, We(or only I) are waiting for a response. I made myself the same tests as c.davis and have the same results. I added a NSM2 LoCo and have the same issues. 15-20 minutes to connect or simply no connection. Made a sync in wireless card configuration and the NSM2s connects to the AP. Tested with 1.3.23.world(## country code and US) and 1.5.6.10(1x,2x, 4x cloacking, g only).

I don't have a lot of 1.5.x around, but I am using 1.4.22r in the places where I have StarOS APs serving UBNT M series clients.

One working StarOS 1.4.22r AP:
    Transmit rate auto
    Link distance 4.00
    Country code US
    TX power override 23
    Cloaking 2x

Power saving disabled
    Hide SSID disabled
    InterBSS relay disabled
    Short preamble enabled
    SuperA/G enabled

Operating Mode 802.11g-only, pure-g disabled.

WEP is enabled, 104-bit shared key.

UBNT station side running 5.2.1:
    Country code United States
    Channel width 10MHz
    Channel shifting disabled
    Output power 23
    Max TX rate, mbps MCS5 - 26
    Security WEP, shared key, wep key length 128-bit

RTS threshold off
    frag threshold off
    Distance slider, 2 miles
    Ack timeout 64, auto-adjust disabled
    aggregation enabled, default settings (32 frames, 50000 bytes)
    multicast data allow all
    enable extra reporting

That's it for wireless related settings on both ends.

The .5 series star firmware is where UBNT M series went to heck IMO. UBNT does seem to work just fine with 20Mhz channels and star in .5 firmwares from what we have seen and use. It looks like it's mainly an issue with 10 and or 5 Mhz channels. I suppose it could be the other way around though also. But I think ultimately it was when we changed the Star devices firmware things got messed up.
    Yea I know,..those things happen.

I haven't been using 1.5.x much, sorry, but when I did use it, it seemed to work fine at 20MHz channels with UBNT devices.

For those that check this thread, I had a nightmare week. My friend Javier had an accident when we were installing a tower. He felt from a 12 meters tower and died. Now I started to work again. Sorry for this off-topic.

Well, I probably found what causes that the NSM2 connection problem. First, Star-OS must have Short preamble enabled and SuperA/G enabled for any version.
    Second, the NSM2(or LoCo) must have a country selected(Never compliance test) and the most important setting: Ack timeout xxx(assigned by distance), AUTO-ADJUST DISABLED. Yes, this is what I found after testing various settings with different versions of Star-OS as AP and NSM2 as client(cloacking 1x, 2x, 4x). After these little changes the "U" brand clients connects immediately. I hope this helps.