+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Compatable

Could you post your Ubnt config ? You can download it via web interface or via WinSCP (/tmp/system.cfg).

I'm curious after updating a X4000 to the latest version and UBNT NSM2's also. The NSM2's have the latest stable and it seems like the client doesn't like the AP. The client seems to not quite know what to do with it's data rates, as they flap all over the place. The AP is now just sitting there with a TX rate of 6 while in a G only 10Mhz mode using a H-pol omni.

My other clients and mix of Star, Delib, and possibly some UBNT b/g radio's don't have this flapping. Nor does the AP as it's solid at 36 (capped).
    Yea I know,..those things happen.

Any UBNT "M" series users?? Are you seeing the same AP RX data rate flapping? We just installed a NSM2 with stable firmware and the AP shows the client TX'ing at 0 most of the time.. But we can pass great speeds. I don't get it

802.11G and 802.11n drivers do not have same default rates.

We just got a couple of NSM2's in to test with as CPE gear and found the same issues as others with connecting to cloaked Star AP's.

Tried every 5.x.x AirOS firmware with combinations of 1.3.23, 1.4.22 and 1.5.16.10 and experienced the 10-15 minute wait to associate, if at all. Then just out of happenstance I sync'd the StarOS AP frequency by 5MHz and the NSM2 instantly associated. After a full activate there was the full 10-15m wait but every time I did a frequency sync the NSM2 would instantly associate. This is faithfully repeatable with 1x, 2x and 4x.

Reversing the roles with the NSM2 as the AP and Star as the client, connections were instant and solid in all channel widths (cloaking) without any need to tweak or intervene in any way.

Config wise, the StarOS unit is pretty standard fare..
    Tx Rate: auto
    Link Distance: 10.00mi
    Country Code: US
    Tx Power: 18
    Cloaking 2x & 4x
    Proper antenna selected
    SuperA/G and Short Preamble selected
    G Only

The NSM2 is all at defaults with the exception of the channel width being set to compliment the Star AP and AirMax Priority set to none.

Hopefully this is helpful.
    Last edited by c.davis; 08-16-2011 at 07:06 AM. Reason: Corrected 1.3.23 firmware numbering.
    Why don't we just take the safety labels off everything and see what happens?

Hmm... I've been using 5.2.1 with 10MHz channels on the UBNT M series devices and they seem to connect to StarOS 1.4.22r and 1.5.x fine, no delays and very normal expected performance.
    StarOS Community Wiki: http://staros.tog.net/

Quote Originally Posted by tog View Post
    Hmm... I've been using 5.2.1 with 10MHz channels on the UBNT M series devices and they seem to connect to StarOS 1.4.22r and 1.5.x fine, no delays and very normal expected performance.
    Both on 5GHz and 2.4GHz?
    Ljubomir Ljubojevic - Love is in the Air
    Google is the Mother, Google is the Father, and traceroute is your trusty Spiderman...
    StarOS and CentOS/RHEL/Linux consultant
    Powerful Starv3 manipulation tool - StarV3 Multipractik for Linux

Tog, what kind of radios are you using in the StarOS AP's? I've tried with Compex WLM54G, WLM54AGP23 and a Wistron CM9, if you're running Ubnt radios in those AP's then that may explain a bit... could possibly lead to a changeable MAC feature request as well

DrLove, this is a 2.4GHz only device. The '2' in NSM2 denotes the frequency; NSM5 is 5GHz.

Thanks.
    Why don't we just take the safety labels off everything and see what happens?

We ran into the same thing today at an install. A Star AP using (I know it's old, and needs changed) 1.5.16.2.11 with a NanoBridge2 trying to connect. It would connect at random with signals in the upper 70's. It's a 2x AP, Hpol omni, with super on and short preamble using I believe a compex AGP23, in g only and a cap of 48 on the AP data rate. I tried a few different UBNT version to no avail. 5.2.1, 5.3.1 and 5.3.2. I didn't have the ability to try different firmware on the AP since I couldn't connect to it regularly.. It did connect once and I passed normal speed tests through it. But I was weary of the slow association. I do have some other UBNT "M" series gear attached to this site, and they always take forever to re-associate if I mess with the AP and reboot it. (Hense why I leave it alone LOL)

Quote Originally Posted by c.davis View Post
    DrLove, this is a 2.4GHz only device. The '2' in NSM2 denotes the frequency; NSM5 is 5GHz.
    I was asking @tog since he wrote "UBNT M series devices " without specifying. I actualy do not use x2 and x4 at all, just trying to gather more detailed info.
    Ljubomir Ljubojevic - Love is in the Air
    Google is the Mother, Google is the Father, and traceroute is your trusty Spiderman...
    StarOS and CentOS/RHEL/Linux consultant
    Powerful Starv3 manipulation tool - StarV3 Multipractik for Linux