+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Smile Order buy it first so you can see what it does (This is supposed to be funny)

Gunther, You dropped this message in your post..
    Not that I am pushing the N, just curious of what's going to be on the shelf here in the next couple weeks.
    ----------
    Being reminded of what Ms. P said recently "You will just have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it"
    ----------
    Maybe you have to order and receive some units so you can find out what they do? This must be the new evolving paradigm ...
    ---------
    Don't get mad folks, I thought it was strangely funny! But that is my warped sense of humor.
    Dave
    <
    @)
    (Cooter>>
    ^^^^^^^^^^
    Vrablic

"I have no excuses, Just reasons"

It sounded to me like they have merely replaced the WAR1 with a new comparable hardware platform that took some time and effort to get StarV3 booted and running on, but I'm not sure.

Yep, Lonnie just posted that clarification at the exact same time I did.
    StarOS Community Wiki: http://staros.tog.net/

Although the old and new 1 port boards are based on MIPS, they have some rather big differences and it was not a simple recompile and make a few config tweaks. It was pretty much a new platform with a "few" similarities, and has taken way longer than the several weeks I had initially figured. That is nature of software development, and I am not complaining, just explaining.
    ..a computer is a stupid machine with the ability to do incredibly smart things, while computer programmers are smart people with the ability to do incredibly stupid things. They are,in short, a perfect match..

Try the latest 4.4.5.7-7842 release. It fixes the 11N card reset issue.
    http://www.star-os.com/ http://www.star-os.com/store

The new mips platform is much different than the previous, and much more powerful. Sorry it has taken so long for the port, but it will be worth the effort in the end.

any idea of the price point for these new boards?
    Say % difference between the war1. Like 15% more expensive or cheaper etc rather than quoting exact prices which I know no one likes to do!

George will set pricing when he gets the final shipping and Customs bills. We'll have it on the store soon.
    ..a computer is a stupid machine with the ability to do incredibly smart things, while computer programmers are smart people with the ability to do incredibly stupid things. They are,in short, a perfect match..

Try the latest 4.4.5.7-7842 release. It fixes the 11N card reset issue.
    http://www.star-os.com/ http://www.star-os.com/store

Default Thanks to the crew.

Quote Originally Posted by lonnie View Post
    Although the old and new 1 port boards are based on MIPS, they have some rather big differences and it was not a simple recompile and make a few config tweaks. It was pretty much a new platform with a "few" similarities, and has taken way longer than the several weeks I had initially figured. That is nature of software development, and I am not complaining, just explaining.
    Ain't that the way it always is? Some things never change.
    You had to "Jack up the horn button and build a new car under it"
    I have never seen it fail. Like buying the best PC MB you can find just to find you can't find drivers to do what you need...
    And life goes on..and after a period of blood sweat and tears we will have what we need.
    Can't thank you enough!

("they have some rather big differences") hummm intriguing!
    Dave
    <
    @)
    (Cooter>>
    ^^^^^^^^^^
    Vrablic

"I have no excuses, Just reasons"

I'm just glad we will have a working replacement, before stock runs out on the old.. Dave, I'm not much on experimenting on my customer base, but I thought it was funny. I'm sure I will be getting a few after a bit lol.

Something to note/ask about/or ask to get, is if these are not direct fitting replacements that george stock some threaded stand offs with screws to retrofit with please. I'm not a huge fan of the plastic ones, since I prefer a better grounding methos in a metal case..just asking
    Yea I know,..those things happen.

Uhm, maybe one of the Valemount guys could clarify, but it sounded to me from their post that Freespace *IS* already out of the other ones and the new units they'll be shipping next week is the new hardware revision. I can tell you for certain that Freespace is not shipping WAR-1s at this point--they're out.
    Wiki: http://staros.tog.net/wiki/Main_Page

Why not share some of your knowledge with the community?

That's nice.
    The only item marked out of stock is the WAR2.
    The 1214s and 1517s don't even show low stock yet.

It would be nice if they updated the site especially if they have nothing to ship for several weeks.