+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Frozen Tundra of Canada
    Posts
    2,818
    Rep Power
    17

    Default "Experienced" truck

    Maybe I need a new truck? Not sure...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ninedd; 04-20-2009 at 12:25 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Arkansas, USA
    Posts
    867
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    I can see this thread becoming something like an uptime thread with people trying to beat each other.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    885
    Rep Power
    14

    Cool

    Yeah, but those are mini-miles, aka KM's.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Frozen Tundra of Canada
    Posts
    2,818
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greg View Post
    Yeah, but those are mini-miles, aka KM's.
    Very observant my American friend. It's a mere 207,000 miles in that antiquated measurement system you fellows use. Or 60,000 leagues if you prefer.

    It was actually more the symetry of the number, not it's absolute size. I stopped at a stop sign, looked down and had to take the photo.
    Last edited by ninedd; 04-20-2009 at 04:18 AM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Srbobran, Serbia
    Posts
    4,084
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ninedd View Post
    Very observant my American friend. It's a mere 207,000 miles in that antiquated measurement system you fellows use. Or 60,000 leagues if you prefer.

    It was actually more the symetry of the number, not it's absolute size. I stopped at a stop sign, looked down and had to take the photo.
    lol

    Just one question. 7th digit is "missing". You are sure that this is not your second turning on that dial?
    Ljubomir Ljubojevic - Love is in the Air
    Google is the Mother, Google is the Father, and traceroute is your trusty Spiderman...
    StarOS and CentOS/RHEL/Linux consultant
    Powerful Starv3 manipulation tool - StarV3 Multipractik for Linux

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Frozen Tundra of Canada
    Posts
    2,818
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrLove73 View Post
    th digit is "missing". You are sure that this is not your second turning on that dial?
    There are lots of thing missing on that truck (I'm missing a lack of rust, I'm missing proper maintanance, etc..) but not missing a column on the odometer.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Frozen Tundra of Canada
    Posts
    2,818
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beebe View Post
    I can see this thread becoming something like an uptime thread with people trying to beat each other.
    LOL. OK, challenge issued then - what's the highest 'uptime' on your truck?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    885
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    We've got a couple of mini vans that are way up there mileage wise but I don't drive 'em much so I can't quote what they are. Both are over 200k miles.

    I bought a Honda CRV for my daughter that had well over 200k on the odometer. The mileage just about scared me off but the price was way under book. One of my customers had it for sale. She's driven it 2 1/2 years and it still runs great.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Frozen Tundra of Canada
    Posts
    2,818
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greg View Post
    I bought a Honda CRV for my daughter that had well over 200k on the odometer.
    Not fair - that's a Japanese vehicle! A Honda isn't even broken in till it's got 200K on it. This is on my Ford F-150.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Arkansas, USA
    Posts
    867
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ninedd View Post
    LOL. OK, challenge issued then - what's the highest 'uptime' on your truck?
    Haha, just you wait. My installer has it right now, but wait until I get it back. It's a Nissan, so it'll go much further than a stinkin' Ford!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-19-2007, 02:52 PM
  2. wrap running staros "forgetting" IP address
    By smulcahy in forum Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-02-2005, 10:52 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-03-2005, 09:49 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-28-2004, 01:11 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-16-2003, 12:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts