I'm new to Star-OS, so I was looking for a guide but found non. So I started the thread "Setting up a WISP network (Doing it right the first time)".
Instead of inventing a senario, I chose the network I'm about to build.
1. The network needs a backbone with failover AP/internet.
2. High performance.
3. It needs to handle normal and HotSpot subscribers.
- using 802.11a for permanent subscribers and 802.11g to HotSpot customers.
4. It needs to be easy to maintain and expand.
5. Powerfull monitoring with alarms when failiure.
The prosess would be something like this:
a) Howto find and simulate the points needed to build the network.
b) Howto choose the right equipment.
c) What to when you recive the equipment.
d) Howto configure the equipment.
e) Howto install the equipment (se the other guides in the Best Practice section).
f) Howto optimize you're network performance and stability.
g) Howto monitor and keep you're network in shape.
Hope this will be a guide usefull for other newbees