+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question When will you release the new version?

Seeing that its Father's Day Weekend, I thought a small release update was in order.

For those itching to know "how long until release", I can say it's ~95% complete, and should make an appearance in the coming week.

The new version will be introduced as BETA v1.2.1b, and re-released as 1.3.0 once people have had a chance to provide feedback, and any serious issues (if any) have been resolved.

There have been many requests for features and updates in the coming release. While we could not include all, these are some of the more requested items that have been implemented:
    *) Atheros MAC ACL w/ Radius authentication. (including accounting, and session time limits)
    *) Complete WPA/RSN support w/ built-in and remote radius EAP authentication. (WAR-1 will have full WPA client support)
    *) Starutil support for individual scripts, including kernel and system logs.
    *) Starutil support for live flashing of the system, without having to log in first.
    *) SNMP with custom 802.11 MIBs for signal, and association information. (no more memory leak, and will be available on the WAR-1 as well)
    ... and much more (more detailed list will be made at release time)
    Last edited by tony; 06-17-2007 at 02:29 AM. Reason: type-o

Excellent news, you should see smile on my face while I'm reading this info. Starutil support for individual scripts,WPA, even MAC radius .. Respect for Valemount team !
    Better to ask and be stupid then to be stupid and asked

Wow. The StarV3 everybody has always wanted, only inches away!

QoS and RADIUS ACL, yay!

Also very impressive work on starutild.

I'm going away for a few weeks, will let you all do the testing and when I get back I'll see your results, if all is well (I'm sure it wil be), I'll upgrade my AP's. I'll keep an eye on the forums while I'm away to see how you all get on.
    The box said "Requires Windows XP or better"........................ So I installed LINUX.....

Just as an update, we have been using this past week for testing, and fine tuning. We have discovered some small issues that needed to be resolved, which have delayed our release schedule by a few days.

We expect to have the release ready for download some time this weekend, or early next week.

I only can thank you if these features are working in the next release. The long awaited MAC Radius Auth gonna make my job easier. Thanks.

The very final stage has now begun. I have one third of our network converted, and it has run trouble free for more than 10 hours. The part of our network that I converted was the close units so we would have easier access BUT it is also the highest load since all traffic for the entire LAN goes through this part on its way to our fibre. I think we are ready for a release of this image.

We still have to do a final build and take out some debug junk and a wee bit of final testing, but we are at the last step so it is very close now.
    ..a computer is a stupid machine with the ability to do incredibly smart things, while computer programmers are smart people with the ability to do incredibly stupid things. They are,in short, a perfect match..

Try the latest 4.4.5.7-7842 release. It fixes the 11N card reset issue.
    http://www.star-os.com/ http://www.star-os.com/store

The final build is in progress. Unless we spot something out of the ordinary during the weekend, we should have the new release available for public download on Monday.

Default New release

Would it be possible for us to help you beta test this new version over the weekend? Some of us have been waiting a long time for the features/driver. I have some towers that I am DYING to test this new version on and during the week, I can NOT test these sorts of things. Please consider releasing the version this weekend, even if as a "beta" for your valued customers to try.

Thank you,
    Mark Miles
    Manager, Network Operations
    I20Access, Inc.
    mmiles |at| i20a |dot| com

The process has been stopped. We have found a serious issue in the rx line that needs attention. Another day or two, sorry.

This is NOT appropriate for you guys because if we release it and you have to climb a tower or drive (just like I had to do), you will be mad at us.

When I am satisfied it is stable enough for us, then it will be released and you guys can find all of the subtle bugs (such as bridging issues, which we do not test very well).
    ..a computer is a stupid machine with the ability to do incredibly smart things, while computer programmers are smart people with the ability to do incredibly stupid things. They are,in short, a perfect match..

Try the latest 4.4.5.7-7842 release. It fixes the 11N card reset issue.
    http://www.star-os.com/ http://www.star-os.com/store