We have recently started experiencing problems with our CPE's connecting to our AP's &/or TX/RX issues.
We have been looking through our network trying to find the solution without any luck therefore we are asking for some help.
Our Access Points are all using StarOS, 90% is using v3 1.1.4 and the other 10% is using v2.11.0
Our access points are using a mix of Wrap boards, 2 port WAR's & 4 port WAR's
The are all using CM9 radios, and it is 100% running at 5GHz
They are all using POE, with some using power direct from 12v battery, and some from mains (protected by UPS)
They are all housed in Plastic boxes
All the CPE's are OSBridge 5Xli or OSBridge 5GXLi using Atheros chipset AR5006XS
The problem we are seeing is after we upgraded to v3 1.1.4 (this may not be the cause) the CPE's have started to suffer from poor download speed, and started to have alot of packet loss (increased to about 15% from about 1%)
Also we are seeing some CPE's not connecting in at all or having 99% packet loss
We have tried to upgrade some of the AP's to V3 1.1.5b (Beta5) and this doesn't fix the problem, but it did improve the packet loss for some CPE's
Could that we are using plastic cases be causing the problems (are some of the CPE's connecting directly to the Radio instead of the Antenna, and causing problems for both themselves and the CPE's connecting to the antenna?)
Could it be that the noise floor has increased overnight from giving all our CPE's a snr of between 7 to 20 to having some of them drop off and others not loose snr but to start having packet loss?
Could it be that we have reached the maximum number of clients on our AP's (about 25 per radio with never more than 2 radios being used for clients on each board)?
Could it be that the volume traffic throughput is too high for the hardware (consistantly about 4mbit/s)?
We have tried to use 10mhz channels (the OSBridge firmware seems to work with the StarOS cloaking?) and this didn't fix the problem.
We have also noticed on our backbone (StarOS V3 to StarOS V3) that if we do a Starutil -tx through the network the quality reading on one station can drop to 13 and then the link drops, but the signal on that link is -68 (SNR of 25)
Can anyone give us some direction with these problems as they are crippling our network, and at the moment we have stopped connecting up new customers until we can get the network stable again (as we are spending all our time talking to annoyed customers.)