+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

The only cards we support have an FCC ID of NZO-ALPHALAN 2000, and are sold by Teletronics, Eumitcom and (rumored) zCom.

Thanks!

Default Re: Problems with wl2400 under winXP

Quote Originally Posted by acuarium
    I have a Samsung Wireless Lan Card (wl2400) ISA ... I was traying to use it under windows xp with the driver
    This won't work for you, I don't think. We have a number of the MaxTech / ZCOM XWL420 which are an ISA 'all in one' with FCC ID of M4Y-WL2420 and they don't work in StarOS or with their WinXP Driver.

It does seem there are quite a few people online with 2Mbit ISA Cards. Would all these 2Mbit ISA cards all use the same driver? I'd certainly send one to you for destruction if it would get the others working?

I know we've talked about this before & obviously for just my 12 cards, it's not worth it, but if the same driver work for all ISA cards and if there are many customers out there, maybe it would be worth it (wine, whimper)?

I'm sure we would be able to write a driver for Windows 2000 / XP and StarOS without many problems. Note that since this is not a high-demand card, I would have to add this to my list of "spare time" activities.

If you are serious about donating a card for the cause, feel free to contact Lonnie.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by tony
    I'm sure we would be able to write a driver for Windows 2000 / XP and StarOS without many problems. Note that since this is not a high-demand card, I would have to add this to my list of "spare time" activities.

If you are serious about donating a card for the cause, feel free to contact Lonnie.
    Sounds good to me. I'll email Lonnie and get the address to send a card to. I know how the 'spare time' issue goes, so when you get to it, great. I know these are only 2MB cards and they are ISA, but there are lots of them floating around and they do have great sensitivity. Under Windows NT, they were really reliable for us, just that we keep collecting more and more of them as everyone moves to XP/2K and has to go to something different. I think ZCom has a Linux / FreeBSD driver, if that gives you any head start. Really, if I understand the process, it's the ISA/PCMCIA adaptor you'll be writing the driver for anyway, since the WL2400 PCMCIA chipset portion is the same, I think. In any case, I'll send a card and you do your magic when you have time.

Sounds good. I'll see what we can do.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Does your card have the the FCC ID: NZO-ALPHALAN 2000 ?

Thanks!
    I have been at wits end trying to get this card to work on my laptop.

Is your driver only available privately through your os? Or is there a way to adapt it to work for a poor guy like me with a old old card and no hope for support

That card is no longer used or supported. Sorry.
    ..a computer is a stupid machine with the ability to do incredibly smart things, while computer programmers are smart people with the ability to do incredibly stupid things. They are,in short, a perfect match..

Try the latest 4.8.x.x firmware. It is becoming very stable and complete.

http://www.star-os.com/ http://www.star-os.com/store