+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by deano View Post
    I have been using Emerald since 1999. But I am looking at moving away from it. What version are you using?

We are using 5.0.065.... Why are you looking at moving away from it? It seems like it will do just about anything you want to do? We have been putting up MT ap's that work really well with Emerald.
    There are 10 types of people in the world who understand binary, those who do and those who don't.

I am still using emerald 2.5, circa 2000. Upgrades were too pricey, and requested features & support, fell on deaf ears.

Still using it, and other pieces of software that I have mangled together, in trying to make it do what I want.
    Documentation, I need documentation please.

StarOS Community Wiki: http://staros.tog.net/

I am still using emerald 2.5, circa 2000. Upgrades were too pricey, and requested features & support, fell on deaf ears.

Still using it, and other pieces of software that I have mangled together, in trying to make it do what I want.
    Wow, if you are using a 9 year old version it can't be too bad a system. Yes, they do seem pricey and we are looking at them versus platypus. Emerald seems much more "carrier grade", but you do pay for that. Anyone have actual experience with Logisense?

The 2.5 ver did everything we wanted at that time. Upgrading to the 4.0 version and higher, provided nothing extra that I wanted, so I could not justify the upgrade costs, just to stay current.

Emerald is pricey, but depending upon your needs, it may well be worth it for you. I am not knocking them at all, and I was happy with IEA, and I recommend them. It's just I need something else.

I am curious to what emerald didn't do for ya.. Maybe there is something I am overlooking. The only problems I have found with Emerald is the fact that my star system has like 4 radius attributes that I can set and none of them I use other than ACL.
    There are 10 types of people in the world who understand binary, those who do and those who don't.

Any time you use a piece of software of this nature, shortcomings will become evident with it's daily use.

I had major problems with integrations pertaining to credit cards, third party software like ftp, web servers, mail servers, accounting software, and lots of other small oddities, pertaining to it's use by me, and my employees.

These things may have been addressed in some of the newer versions, but when I last checked into v4.5, the majority of things I wanted were not there. I see there is now a newer v5 out, so I may check into it again, but the price, even for upgrades, is a little steep.

Pinal County, AZ, 1,200sq miles coverage, 25 towers

Default Customer Billing Platform

IEA-SOftware's Emerald. Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by gaf@bluerivernet.com View Post
    IEA-SOftware's Emerald. Awesome.
    I would have to agree! From an ISP standpoint it will do it all!